The personnel committee should consist of at least three persons to include the board vice chair and the president of the student leadership team. They are responsible for recommending personnel policies for staff positions, developing position descriptions, filling staff vacancies, and evaluating the director and administrative staff.
Personnel Chair Job Description (Personnel Chair)
Personnel Committee Resources
- Performance Management Best Practices
- Harassment Prevention Training:
- Example of a sexual harassment prevention policy from William and Mary. (Check your university for their policy)
- Wesley Foundation employees and board members should be receiving harassment prevention training. To get an idea of the scope of the training, visit the Atlantic Training web site and view the selection of Harassment Training presentations.
- Virginia Labor and Employment Law:
- New DOL Guidelines on Overtime
- Key Provisions (Link)