The personnel committee should consist of at least three persons to include the board vice chair and the president of the student leadership team. They are responsible for recommending personnel policies for staff positions, developing position descriptions, filling staff vacancies, and evaluating the director and administrative staff.
- Personnel Chair Job Descriptions (Personnel Chair)
The BHECM has specific guidance pertaining to the Campus Minister’s annual Preference Form (Desire to Continue) and the Annual Evaluation.
Annual Preference Form: There two continuation preference forms that must be submitted to the District Superintendent (Dec 1)
- Board Preference Form (This form is relates to the campus ministers tenure, is sent to the district superintendent and is completed by the Personnel Committee/Board. It is due on Dec 1st)
- Preference Form (This form also relates to tenure, but is completed by the Campus Minister. It is due on Dec 1st)
Annual Evaluation Form: The Director’s Evaluation Report must be signed by the District Superintendent and submitted to the BHECM on June 10th.
- Instructions for Campus Minister Evaluation (These are BHECM instructions and guidance on how to conduct the annual performance of the campus minister)
- Report of Campus Minster Evaluation (This is the summary report of the annual evaluation and it is due to the BHECM by Jun 10th)
Personnel Committee Training Video – BHECM Requirements
- Play the Video (MP4)
Additional Personnel Committee Resources
- Performance Management Best Practices
- Harassment Prevention Training:
- Example of a sexual harassment prevention policy from William and Mary. (Check you university for their policy)
- Wesley Foundation employees and board members should be receive harassment prevention training. To get an idea of the scope of the training, visit the Atlantic Training web site and view the selection of Harassment Training presentations.
- Virginia Labor and Employment Law:
- New DOL Guidelines on Overtime
- Key Provisions (Link)