The chair presides at all meetings of the Board of Directors and is the Chair of the Executive Committee. Ensures the requirements specified in the Constitution and By-Laws are met, ensures the local board requirements as specified in the BHECM Handbook are met, appoints board members to specific committees, and ensures effective governance. The resources on this page are furnished to assist the board chair.
- Board Chair Job Description (Board Chair)
- Executive Committee normally consists of the appointed officers (Chair/Vice Chair/Secretary/Treasurer) and the committee chairs.
Wesley Foundations are Required to Have:
Practices to Improve Your Effectiveness:
- Establish a Board Member-Covenant
- Board Meeting Structure
- Best Practice Timelines
- The Student Leadership Team
Checklists to Improve Your Effectiveness:
Guidance on How to Deal with Problems:
- Dealing with Dysfunctional Boards
- Involving the Board in Fundraising
- Moving Beyond Rubber Stamps and Cheer-leading